Need Help Making Sense of Your Business Data and Analytics? We Can Help.
We live in an age of “big data.” Our use of digital tracking systems, online tools, and platform profiles have given us an excessive amount of data just waiting to be tracked, analyzed, and used by smart marketers and businesses.
Many businesses already embrace this knowledge. They’re using systems and strategies to find data stories that help them:
- Reduce costs
- Plan for growth
- Launch hyper-targeted marketing campaigns
- Uncover new market opportunities
- Learn about their customers
- Improve their marketing strategies
- Develop their online presence
- Create retargeting opportunities
Data is extremely useful for accomplishing these tasks. But, far too many businesses don’t reap these benefits because they don’t know how to track and analyze data, let alone put it to good use.
That’s where MyArea Network comes in.
MyArea Network specializes in working with businesses to help them uncover and utilize their data to grow, optimize, and streamline their business. Here’s how we do it.
#1) We identify what data is important to your business.
Big data can be overwhelming. Depending on the types of systems and platforms you use, you could be overloaded with data. It can be difficult to know where to look and what to review. So at MyArea Network, we start by considering your goals, which may include one or more of the following:
- Grow your contact list
- Improve your website traffic
- Get more customers through your door
- Increase sales
- Develop your social media presence
- Stop wasting money on ineffective marketing
- Increase customer retention
Then, we start looking for data that will tell us stories about that part of your business to enable us to help you reach your goals.
#2) We review your current business data sources.
With goals in mind, we begin looking into your current data sources. Most businesses don’t realize that they may already have a trove of useful data sitting right under their nose. We help uncover these gold mines of data. Each business will be different, but we typically find valuable information in the following places.
Website Analytics: The way audiences interact with your website can reveal a lot about your products, services, business, digital content, and even your users. So the first place we look for data is in a website’s analytics. We use Google analytics to review data and find answers to questions like:
- How does your audience find you?
- What products and service pages are most popular?
- Where are most of your website visitors from?
- Are people returning to your site after their first visit?
- How long are people staying on your website?
- What content is most popular?
- What are the demographics of visitors to your website?
Social Media and App Analytics: If your business utilizes social media or application channels, we will dig into those sources to uncover data. Some social media and app platforms have analytics that are included with your account. We can also tie in third-party analytics tools or create custom technology solutions that we use to access even more data. With that data, we can then answer questions that include:
- What content do people respond to most?
- What topics do people respond to most?
- What are the demographics of people who connect with you?
- What accounts are similar to yours and/or share a similar audience?
- When is the best time to post?
- How long are users engaging with the app or platform?
Email Marketing and Text Marketing Analytics: Businesses that engage in email marketing or text marketing may or may not already have a plethora of useful data. It depends on what marketing tools or software they have been using to manage their contacts. Some systems collect far more data than others. So we will look into the capabilities of your system or set you up with a system to collect data that answers questions like:
- Which messages do audiences open and read?
- What links do audiences click on?
- What pages do audiences on your list view on your website?
- What entry point did audiences use to get on your list?
- What links on your website have users clicked on?
Point of Sale Analytics: Most businesses inadvertently collect all kinds of data just by tracking their sales. A point of sale system often has several stories to tell about a business. This is even truer if your point of sale system includes customer profiles that collect data on individual clients and shoppers. That data can help us answer questions like:
- How often are shoppers/clients engaging with your business?
- When was the last time a shopper/client engaged your businesses?
- What is your best selling product/service?
- What is your customer retention rate?
- How much money do customers/clients spend on an average?
#3) We set up new data sources.
In the previous step, we may find that you have a treasure trove of available data. But, if we find that there are some gaps in your data collection, we’ll identify ways to improve and grow your databases.
We may help you set up systems for the tools and platforms mentioned above. Or, we may work with you to set up custom data collection systems that utilize:
- Custom branded apps
- Lead generation tools
- Text marketing campaigns
- Analytic tracking systems
And, we may also work with you to connect your current data sets with other systems. When you have a list of email addresses or phone numbers, you can often use that information to tap into additional data sets. For example, you can use a list of email addresses to create an audience of those users on Facebook.
If there are gaps in stories or data sets, we’ll work with you to create tools and systems that can collect the information we need.
#4) We create custom reports and dashboards.
Once we have systems to collect the data we need, we take the next important step -- making the data easy to view and absorb.
Analytics pages and datasets can be overwhelming at a first look. With so many different data points and report options, it’s challenging for many businesses owners to read and understand their data.
So we create custom dashboards to cut through the noise and feature only the data that we’ve found to be relevant for your business. We consider your goals and available data sets to create a system that automatically pulls relevant numbers. Then, we display it on one reporting tool, so everything you need is in one place.
This allows businesses owners to:
- View all of their data without logging into multiple platforms
- Easily track and review data daily
- See only information relevant to set goals
- Monitor changes in real-time
- Quickly pull reports for upper management and executives
#5) We put your business data and analytics to work.
Once you have a system to view and monitor relevant data, you can truly harness the power of your data. You can begin to put it to work. With your goals and data points, we can help you create plans to achieve your objectives using what we know about your business, products, services, content, customers, and clients.
This process will be different for businesses based on their goals. But a few examples of what businesses can do in this step includes the following scenarios.
- A clothing store that wants their customers to return more frequently may set up a customer loyalty system that tracks customer visits. They can use their data systems to send email messages with deals and promos to customers if they haven’t visited for a set amount of time.
- An event promoter who wants to get more targeted traffic for their event website may use Google analytics to discover who is visiting their site and where their traffic is coming from. They can segment their traffic to target only local audiences who are likely to attend their event, and focus on promoting their business website in places that will connect with only local audiences.
- A restaurant who wants to know which marketing efforts are working can create a database of coupon codes. They can create a system that records each coupon code purchase and produces a report of the most effective marketing strategies.
These are a few examples of how using data can help your business. There are many ways you can leverage data to produce big results for your business. You just need to know how to collect, manage, and assess data to access those big benefits.
Ready to Leverage Your Business Data?
Customer data is powerful, useful, and also a little complicated. So if this post made you optimistic but a little confused, don’t worry.
MyArea Network has a team of experts ready to help you develop plans to track, analyze, and leverage your business data. To see how we can help you put your data to use contact us today for a free, consultation.